Program ManagerJob # 1423Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 03/06/2018Location: Various cities in U.S.Salary: Open
Global insurance company has an opportunity for a highly motivated individual interested in having oversight authority to ensure the profitable growth of an assigned book of managing general agents. The ideal candidate will be interested in working within a collaborative team environment while engaging with clients on a day to day basis while working on complex national accounts.
Develop underwriting guidelines.
Perform complex pricing while creating financial designs.
Manage complex National Accounts.
Manages agents through examining and evaluating accounts in accordance with company underwriting guidelines.
Act as liaison to multiple departments throughout the organization.
Act as Project leader for multiple programs.
Build effective working relationships with assigned agency personnel as well as internal team members.
Independently researches and evaluates information to determine risk acceptability, exposures and underwriting information to make logical decisions that support company strategy and guidelines.
Effectively communicates and negotiates underwriting and pricing objectives to achieve optimal outcomes.
Drive new business and renewal opportunities through effective marketing and sales skills.
Complete agency audits within company guidelines to ensure compliance to underwriting and pricing standards for agents with delegated underwriting authority.
Travel- required for marketing visits, conducting audits or annual reviews.
Attend agency conferences, organizes seminars and breakout sessions.
Participate and lead special projects related to onboarding new programs.
May be located in: Atlanta, GA; Overland Park, IL; Naperville, IL; Rolling Meadows, IL; Omaha, NE; Bradenton, FL or Cheshire, CT
Bachelor’s degree required.
2 years of commercial insurance underwriting related experience.
Must have experience and be confident with customer facing responsibilities.
Knowledge and application of negotiation techniques for day-to-day interactions with agents and customers to achieve optimal outcomes.
Multiline Underwriting and exposure to variety of business segments preferred.
Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge and exposure to insurance agency operations.
Director, Business DevelopmentJob # 1432Job Type: Business DevelopmentStart Date: 04/18/2018Location: Los Angeles, CA or San Francisco, CASalary: Open
The Director, Business Development will lead the effort to raise corporate profile, effectiveness and reputation by deepening and extending the agency relationships and impacting strategic initiatives and business development efforts. This is a strategically important role with decision making responsibility and strong influence.
Drive business development strategies in conjunction with our agency/brokerage partners that maximize revenue opportunities across a wide territory;
Serve as a single point of contact for agents/brokers in dealing with product support, quality service, opportunity assessments, and the overall fulfillment of their multiline needs;
Lead the effort to raise corporate profile, effectiveness and reputation by deepening and extending our agency/brokerage relationships:
Support the overall strategic management of the key broker relationships;
Work to learn their businesses and support specific areas of broker interaction and marketing
Developed under-served territories o Identify and qualify new agency relationships
Be a primary source of business intelligence and internal communication
Distribute regular written communications and status on each key relationship;
Manage a dynamic prospect list that leads to sustainable, profitable growth for the corporation
Partner with other business development resources in Insurance and the company to maximize business development and cross-selling opportunities;
Actively manage meeting calendars, agendas and follow-ups with our key agency partners;
Interact and develop relationships with each key broker's "relationship manager";
Manage our account rounding efforts with our agency partners;
Manage our agency compensation platforms and communicate results monthly/quarterly as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
Minimum of 15 years of insurance industry experience with responsibilities encompassing: underwriting, product development, risk management, distribution strategy, needs assessment, and client relationship management;
Highly visible and well known to the agency community;
Deep understanding of agent/ broker's marketing and distribution strategies;
Significant knowledge of agent/brokers, marketing, and distribution strategy;
Strong business development, client engagement and relationship management skills including account rounding, and retention relationship management, and business development skills.
Claims Counsel, HealthcareJob # 1435Job Type: ClaimsStart Date: 05/09/2018Location: Greater New York City AreaSalary: Open
Large specialty carrier is seeking a Claims Counsel, US Healthcare who will be responsible for medical malpractice/healthcare professional liability claims nationwide. This position will support the existing professional liability claims team that supports the US Healthcare business unit. The successful candidate will be able to provide insight and analysis on complex high profile/high exposure Professional Lines/Healthcare claims.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle complex Medical Malpractice/Healthcare Professional Liability claims
- Provide coverage, liability and damages analysis for complex professional liability claims,
- specifically for hospital, physician and allied health lines of business
- Ability to proactively identify exposures and claim trends which may affect the portfolio and
- provide written assessments to the U.S. Healthcare business unit
- Resolve problems and respond to coverage questions for U.S. Healthcare underwriting team
- and senior management
- Professional Lines policy drafting
- Effectively represent Company interests at client meetings, mediations, external meetings
- and industry events
- Ability to support underwriting in the management of individual accounts, including
- marketing and account/client facing meetings
- As part of the company's Claims Team you will be expected to contribute to the success
- of the team by working closely with your colleagues worldwide on various projects as
- directed by the EVP, Global Insurance Claims and other members of Executive Team. This
- may include attending various industry conferences, possibly as a speaker/presenter,
- publishing on current claim trends and issues and assisting other offices on complex claims.
- You will be asked to communicate with underwriting, actuarial and other functional groups
- within the organization
- Other duties as required by management
- Travel as required, including mediations, account meetings and industry conferences
Position may be located in New York or New Jersey
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5-8 year’s experience handling healthcare/medical malpractice at an Insurance
- Company, and/or in combination with law firm experience is required
- Juris Doctor degree preferred
- Medical background a plus
- Proven ability to provide coverage, liability and damages analysis for complex medical
- malpractice/healthcare professional liability claims
- Direct handling of complex medical malpractice, primary and excess claims
- Strong experience attending mediations and negotiating settlements on significant cases
- Professional lines policy drafting experience preferred
- Ability to establish close working relationship with underwriting, actuarial and legal
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills. Candidates may be asked to
- provide writing samples
- Analytical, decision making and resource management skills with attention to detail
- Strong commitment to providing superior client service
- Strong negotiating, analytical, written and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and various in-house claims systems –
- Guidewire, Genius, ImageRight is a plus)
- The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate
Risk Control ConsultantJob # 1434Job Type: Loss ControlStart Date: 05/09/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
The Risk Control Consultant will be responsible for evaluating and upgrading prospective and in-force business with regards to hazards and hazard control based on vendor reports and/or telephone surveys. Provide the policyholder with assistance to control future losses in the form of safety recommendations and safety advice. Help ensure that underwriters have quality survey reports for risk selection
- Act as the Risk Control Lead (go-to-person) for one or more programs
- Participate in underwriting team meeting for those programs
- Promptly respond to all requires for risk control services coming from policyholders or producing agents
- Review incoming survey reports performed by vendors for quality control purposed
- Performs telephone surveys as needed and provide written reports to underwriting
- Issues risk improvement recommendations to policyholders based on vendor reports or telephone surveys
- Evaluates the adequacy of policyholder's response to the risk improvement recommendations
- Assist in creating and updating survey report templates and service instruction used by vendors
- Assist the Risk Control Director in performing loss analysis and loss trend analysis at both the policyholder level and the program level
- Create safety materials for the policyholders based on program loss trend analysis
- Stay current with technology, regulations, and safety trends for each program
- 3-5 years experience in insurance loss control (both work-comp) and multi-line)
- Work-comp experience is required
- Highly computer literate (Microsoft office a must and IMS a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Degree in safety management or similar field highly desirable
Integration ManagerJob # 1437Job Type: Project ManagerStart Date: 05/11/2018Location: Greater Boston AreaSalary: Open
Large insurance company is seeking an Innovation and Strategic Integration Manager to join their growing innovation team.
This role will report in to our Business Innovation team and is responsible for working with Business Partners from multiple business groups including operations, underwriting, IT and other departments to lead the planning, controlling, execution and reporting of assigned projects. This role will need to develop solid understanding across multiple substantial work streams and/or business units. This Project Manager will use a structured approach to deliver results via project plans, the scope of which will be driven by project applicability and complexity of the assignment. This role will be working on projects focused on progressing business innovation with the Company.
- Leading the development and refinement of project requirements, estimates, plans, schedules and implementations. Incumbents are also responsible for using the multi-sourcing strategy and for maintenance of project plans.
- Lead cross-functional project teams with the goal of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of core business processes.
- Continuously monitor project status via a variety of applicable methods; apply best practices and methods as needed, to manage and control project resources and scope.
- Communicate the status of major milestones, identify classify and manage potential project risk with mitigation strategies and contingency plans, provide continuing direction to the project team, and conduct regular status meetings with key stakeholders to review project activities.
- Ability to assess risk and manage contingency plans
- Manage, motivate and lead project teams to meet project objectives
- Ability to link business consequences to a project's progress, goals, functionality, cost/benefit and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Assess the performance of project team members, contribute to performance evaluations
- Develop cross-functional and cross-divisional teams with continuous alignment and engagement on issues, trends, and opportunities related to continuous improvement
- Surface and/or support cross-functional business challenges and dependencies; proactively create and implement solutions.
- Five years’ experience leading business focused projects (not IT) with product and business operations/processes preferred.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience preferred.
- Experienced in leveraging structured project management methodology to lead project teams.
- Demonstrated ability delivering highly complex projects on time, on budget and with expected scope at a high level of quality
- Proven Track Record in successfully delivering complex projects in a matrixed environment
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication capabilities required, including storytelling, writing and presenting
- Proven leadership, initiative and strong partnership building required
- Strong negotiation skills required
- Ability to understand "the big picture" and to apply advanced knowledge of project management methodology, best practices, tools and processes
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
- Ability to build expertise quickly in unfamiliar subject areas; intellectually curious.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility
- Interested in and conversant about technology
- Team player who collaborates effectively across organizations with a warm, engaging style
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous, “startup-like” environment
- Skilled in the use of MS Project Server and Excel pivot tables
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- PMP or other Project management certification preferred
Legal Compliance AnalystJob # 1438Job Type: Paralegal/ComplianceStart Date: 05/16/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Specialty insurance company is seeking a Legal Compliance Analyst.
- Provides research and advice on compliance for new and revised insurance products.
- Promotes and effectuates compliance with state and federal law regulations and related company policies affecting the company's businesses.
- Resolves highly complex compliance issues, and communicates with regulators.
- Based on research conducted, recommends changes to ensure compliance with state regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Creates and administers virtually all aspects of non-financial filings with state insurance departments and provides research and guidance to the Financial Department in connection with financial filings as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years' experience in legal department and/or in compliance + Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills; organization skills and time management skills Desired:
- Insurance regulatory experience working in the insurance industry
Personal Lines Marketing SpecialistJob # 1441Job Type: Marketing/Customer ServiceStart Date: 05/18/2018Location: Hartford Connecticut AreaSalary: Open
The Personal Lines Marketing Specialist must provide prompt, accurate, professional proposals and insurance reviews to customers, producers and company personnel in order to maintain and grow the personal lines book of business.
- Quote and place new business from referrals, call-ins, web-leads and other sources as opportunities are presented
- Provide assistant and counsel on personal lines matters to sales executives and account managers. Meet daily marketing needs of customers.
- Evaluate prospect’s current insurance program and offer alternatives based on coverage and price for producers and “house” accounts. Present offer/proposal and finalize sale.
- Perform high-level prequalification of prospect by acquiring account information needed for PL Rating
- Work proactively to remarket policies for Producers and Account Manager while marketing new lines for existing customers
- Manage task reports regularly to include and not limited to: expiration list, market cross-sell and market consolidation reports
- Maintain high proficiency level with carrier website rating systems and comparative rater to provide accurately priced alternative quotes to customers and prospects
- Minimum 3 years of Agency Personal Lines experience required
- Working knowledge of Companies represented required
- Property and Casualty Producers license required
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and the internet required
- Webcetera EZLynx Comparative rating system desired
- Applied Systems -‘Epic’ system experience desired
- Working knowledge of Companies we represent required
Claims Manager - CyberJob # 1440Job Type: Cyber ClaimsStart Date: 05/23/2018Location: Greater New York City AreaSalary: Open
Specialty insurance company is seeking a Claims Manager specializing in cyber E&O. This position will be the product line leader with supervisory responsibilities
Qualified candidates will have 3-6 years of cyber claims within insurance carrier and/or law firm. JD required.
Account ManagerJob # 1444Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 06/01/2018Location: Middlesex CountySalary: Open
Growing insurance agency is seeking an Account Manager. The Account Manager will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and capturing new and existing opportunities through proposals and renewals of health, life, disability and other types of related insurance products for clients.
College graduate or above; 3-5 years exceptional customer service experience with a background.
Maintain Health and Life Connecticut Producer License.
Knowledge in agency client system, preferably in EPIC
Commercial Lines Account ManagerJob # 1446Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 06/07/2018Location: Fairfield CountySalary: Open
Innovative insurance firm looking for a Commercial Lines Account Manager/Customer Service Representative with excellent customer service skills to join their insurance team that provides a fun work environment and cutting-edge technology.
- Commercial Lines Account Manager/Customer Service responsibilities
- Develop rapport with clients based on trust and product knowledge
- Commercial Lines Account Manager/Customer Service Representative, who can engage prospective clients and help determine their insurance needs
- Commercial Lines Account Manager/Customer Service Representative that can make customized product recommendations based on your expertise
- Working with industry leading Insurance Companies and technology to provide competitive quotes
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment and be able to multitask
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work well in a Team Environment
- Must have a Connecticut Property & Casualty license
- Commercial Insurance: 2 years
- Insurance: 2 years
A full suite of benefits including medical, company paid long-term disability and life insurance, a 401k retirement plan, PTO and 7 standard holidays. A very competitive salary along with a commission plan. Employee’s also enjoy summer hours, remote work schedule, many company sponsored events such as BBQ’s in the summertime, book club, team building events and happy hours.
Commercial Lines Account ManagerJob # 1447Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 06/11/2018Location: New Haven CountySalary: Open
Growing Property and Casualty insurance agency is seeking a Commercial Lines Account Manager. The Account Manager will be responsible for the production of new accounts, as well as the retention, upgrading and cross selling of existing accounts, and provide prompt, efficient, high-quality service to effectively manage assigned book of business.
Qualified candidates must have a Property and Casualty license, as well as 3 years commercial lines insurance experience.
There are 11 jobs available.