Assistant Vice President ClaimsJob # 1494Job Type: ClaimsStart Date: 12/10/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Specialty insurance company is seeking an Assistant Vice President Claims. The primary responsibilities of this position are to investigate, evaluate and resolve managed care, medical management liability and life science claims. The position requires handling claims across varied medical specialties that present the greatest severity and complexity in the department.
- Identifying and analyzing coverage issues.
- Negotiate claim settlement within authority level.
- Review files for timely and appropriate reserves; monitor reserve adequacy throughout the life of a claim file
- Selecting defense counsel
- Litigation management including ongoing communication with defense counsel, monitoring of legal status reporting, reviewing invoices and ensuring compliance with litigation guidelines
- Attending mediations, court conferences and trials
- Regular communication with the insured from initial contact to claim resolution
- Formulating and executing claim resolution plans
- Direct handling of settlement negotiations with plaintiff’s counsel
- Promptly paying all claim expenses and indemnity obligations and reporting claim outcomes to state and federal regulatory agencies
- Presenting claims at internal claim roundtables
- Preparing claim status reports to reinsurers
- Regularly review quarterly loss runs for increase in reserves or severity matters, alerting management for potential impact to the company’s policies.
- Engage in collaborative projects in support of other areas in the company.
Preferred candidates should possess strong knowledge of relevant legal decisions, claim trends and industry practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college
- At least 5 -7 years in handling managed care claims
- JD is highly desirable
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and demonstrated aptitude with Windows based operating systems
Senior Account ManagerJob # 1499Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 02/19/2019Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Large broker is has a need for a Senior Account Manager. This position will be responsible for possessing and applying knowledge of industry trends and related regulations in the course of servicing Clients’ accounts in an innovative and efficient manner. This position shall also develop and maintain favorable internal and external relationships, with the end goal of providing the highest level of customer service by meeting or exceeding industry standards.
- Oversees the servicing of a designated book of business as relating to marketing, claims and administration
- Researches an issues’ root cause, implements and resolves policy-related issues
- Recommends potential enhancements or improvements to processes, products, and/or policies
- Uses discretion and independent judgment when analyzing industry trends and providing related Client guidance
- Development financial models and reports for Client and more senior staff, provides interpretation and implications of analysis, as well as recommendations
- Provides expertise in strategic planning and consultative advice to clients, including the production, analysis, and recommendations for changes to coverage plans
- Engages in Client strategy meetings to manage insured expectations for upcoming term
- Develops and presents coverage plan and renewal terms to Client
- Mentors and trains junior-level staff
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or years of experience equivalent
- Typically more than 7 years of client services experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills required
Third Party Capital LeadJob # 1500Job Type: ReinsuranceStart Date: 12/20/2018Location: New York, NYSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Global reinsurer is seeking a Third Party Capital Lead to expand their team. This individual will play an integral role in:
- Managing and investing capital in insurance linked securities and property-catastrophe related asset classes for traditional and alternative capital providers including hedge funds, private equity and pension funds
- Execute joint ventures that leverage the Company’s sourcing and underwriting expertise by delivering customized reinsurance solutions for clients
- Create and capitalize vehicles, alongside investors, to build diversified portfolios of alternative risks
- Pursue strategic investments in financial services companies that support these efforts
- Assist the in integrating third party capital and traditional reinsurance across company.
- This individual will have a history of (re)insurance experience, strong technical skills in AIR and/or RMS and have experience executing ILS and capital market transactions.
- Experience in ILS and catastrophe reinsurance
- Expertise in RMS and/or AIR
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis with strong modeling and presentation skills
- Experience interfacing effectively with all levels of seniority and investors, both internally and externally
- Proven self-starter with a strong work ethic and an ability to solve problems independently
- A minimum of 7 years work experience with the ability to independently lead transactions and coordinate with a broad team within the firm to create successful outcomes
- Other desired skills and characteristics:
- Experience in the insurance sector and ILS modeling
- Strong client focus and organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
Head of Retro - Risk FundingJob # 1501Job Type: ReinsuranceStart Date: 12/20/2018Location: Various LocationsSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
A global reinsurer is seeking a Head of Retro to manage the design, structuring and execution of retrocession transactions globally for the company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the design and execution of retrocessions including traditional and alternative risk transfer solutions
- Design and implement retro strategy that is accretive to company’s gross to net results and assists in achieving portfolio goals
- Integrate with underwriting to ensure retro strategy supports company’s portfolio and top line growth plans
- Partner with key underwriters in company to design and evaluate potential retrocession opportunities
- Strong knowledge of (re)insurance and retro structuring, including solutions sourced from both traditional as well as alternative capital markets
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships with both distribution partners and retrocessionaires
- Ability to multitask and coordinate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with drafting and negotiating legal documents
- Manage relationships with markets and distribution partners to evaluate new opportunities
- Coordinate with other members of Risk Funding to integrate retro into the broader risk transfer program across the company
Other desired skills and characteristics:
- Actuarial and/or reinsurance/retro underwriting or brokerage background is a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and experience in constructing retro programs and executing specific transactions
Senior UnderwriterJob # 1507Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 01/22/2019Location: Greater Atlanta AreaSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Global, specialty insurance company is seeking a Senior Underwriter for their Inland Marine business to work with a select group of wholesale and retail brokers to tailor solutions and meet the needs of the clients.
- Responsible for the underwriting of the Inland Marine business within assigned territory and agency base.
- Evaluates all individual risk characteristics to properly determine capacity, attachment point, terms and pricing to build and underwrite a diverse and profitable book of business.
- Maintains and enhances existing broker relationships and identify and develop new relationships both regionally and outside the territory.
- Develops and executes a marketing plan aimed at retaining existing business and producing new business.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends with regard to pricing, new lines of business, etc.
- Adapts underwriting techniques to underwriting guidelines and rating plans to write a wide range of account size and operations.
- Recommends amendments and enhancements, including coverage, policy forms, premium rate plans and underwriting guidelines, loss control guidelines, and distribution.
- Maintain files in an orderly manner consistent with company guidelines.
- Ability to work with others within a team and contribute to the development of others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of Inland Marine/Property underwriting experience
- Established relationships with local retail brokers with ability to move business a plus
- Experience successfully underwriting, quoting, and binding profitable business
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Benefits Account ManagerJob # 1508Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 01/28/2019Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Growing, established insurance agency is seeking a Benefits Account Manager. The Employee Benefits Account Manager is the service “gatekeeper” between the client and the agency once an account is written. In this role, the Account Manager will be responsible for retention of the existing clients, rounding of accounts, carrier marketing for new business, onboarding process, and client satisfaction.
- Handle daily communications among clients, producers and carriers
- Maintain agency system with current information
- Address customer inquiries regarding their coverages, including enrollment, billing, claim issues, etc.
- Bringing accounts to market with insurance carriers and work with carriers on rating if applicable
- Overseeing all aspects of a diverse book of business
Qualified candidates will have:
- Working knowledge of employee benefits; experience in both large and small group is a plus
- Familiarity with insurance industry software (such as; Applied System, EPIC)
- Working knowledge of marketing process
- Must have a practical knowledge of quoting process and tools
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiar with database application
Executive UnderwriterJob # 1511Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 02/15/2019Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Executive Underwriter. The Miscellaneous E&O Professional Liability Underwriter will produce and underwrite new and renewal middle market business within the E&O professional lines. Will write this business as a member of the Professional Liability Underwriting team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Consistently achieve budgeted financial results (premium, loss ratio, retention, commissions, pricing, new business, premium collection, and expense management) through execution of market segment strategies
- Interact and collaborate with a team of market segment colleagues and other critical internal/external business associates
- Direct responsibility for broker development and management within a book of business entrepreneurial opportunity to include the following dynamics ability to build a book of business by writing own marketing plan
- 7 years experience of Miscellaneous E&O professional liability underwriting
- Advanced risk assessment skills with product specialization-i.e. A&E, Lawyers, Real Estate, Insurance Agents, technology, Allied Health, Miscellaneous
- Proven ability to meet new business production goals and manager renewal book
- Experience developing new business individual marketing plan with wholesale brokers
Account Manager - Small BusinessJob # 1512Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 02/20/2019Location: Springfield, MASalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
The Small Business Account Manager is responsible for servicing Small Business clients in the Commercial Insurance Company. This position will provide client and technical support to maintain business and will identify opportunities to expand business. The accounts in the Small Business Unit are not assigned to a Producer, which will require this position to work independently and directly with clients to ensure an optimal client experience
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages assigned book of business. Works directly with client without Producer involvement, ensures client relationship is managed effectively.
- Independently negotiates and effects client coverage's. Refers highly complex or unusual situations to manager.
- Up sells and cross sells additional products to small business clientele.
- Responds to, and resolves client inquiries regarding exposure, coverage, contract analysis and any non-insurance matters of importance to the client.
- Reviews all compliance requirements and takes corrective action as needed, this includes insurance specifications and contract requirements.
- Surveys policy coverage's.
- Be the ‘face’ of company's small business to the business banking and commercial lending community to cultivate a flow of new business referrals.
- Attend bank meetings in an assigned geographical region on a monthly or quarterly basis, as needed.
- Handle small business referrals from producers, clients and employees; responding appropriately in a timely manner according to established guidelines.
- Utilize experience and expertise in insurance industry to conduct a full review of the prospect’s current insurance program, and offer a price competitive quotation, with comparable coverage's wherever possible.
- Follow written protocols established for the placement of new business, including securing signed completed applications and proposals, and their entry into our agency management system.
- May participate in special projects.
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
High School diploma or equivalency required.
2-5 years relevant experience.
Property Casualty license required.
Completion of, or enrollment in, Associate in Risk Management and/or Charter Property Casualty Underwriter courses are desirable.
- Proven ability to manage large volume of accounts in a highly effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with clients and manage client relationships.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and agency management system.
- Ability to handle diverse situations using excellent interpersonal, negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Excellent decision making ability, willingness to be resourceful and solutions oriented.
- Ability to work well with a team and share knowledge and skills.
Account Manager - Employee BenefitsJob # 1513Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 02/15/2019Location: Fairfield County, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Employee Benefits Account Manager. This position serves as the primary service contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction including insurance renewal marketing and analytical support. This position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client's needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality.
· Individual would manage a book of business comprised of mostly mid-sized employer clients (50-750 employees) with both self-insured and fully insured arrangements.
· Responsible for acting as the primary contact between clients and insurance carriers and retaining clients through customer service which includes open and clear communication channels with clients, producers and internal partners. Ensure accurate and timely responses occur between all parties.
· Responsible for the insurance policy marketing process which includes obtaining client census and quotes, preparing and submitting bid specifications and evaluating the results in preparing recommendations for clients.
· Create client proposals as necessary with insurance renewal details. Communicate final placement details and instructions to insurers and customers.
· Utilize analytical tools and resources to develop alternative strategies, plan modeling and cost reduction opportunities.
· As needed, preparation of materials needed for client meetings including but not limited to agendas, reports, calendars, etc.
· Educate, advises and aid clients on all Compliance topics including, but not limited to, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s and Health Care Reform.
· Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
· Install new group insurance contracts for existing clients or new clients effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
· Conduct on-site meetings to communicate to employees and/or administrator about their benefit plans.
· Develop employee memorandum drafts for client to communicate the following; annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
· Provide resolution support and oversight of employee issues such as enrollment and billing issues.
· Minimum 2-4 years of experience in the health insurance industry
· 4 year college degree or industry specific designation preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of account management experience within the insurance industry
· Must currently hold life and health insurance license (or must obtain it within 4 months following date of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
· High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
· Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
· Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
· Strong ability to problem solve, make independent decisions with minimal oversight, set and meet deadlines, communicate, negotiate, work under pressure, organize, prioritize, manage multiple tasks and operate in a fast paced environment.
· Keep informed and further industry education, new product knowledge, legislation, coverage's and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance
Agency Finance and Accounting SpecialistJob # 1519Job Type: AccountingStart Date: 03/11/2019Location: Enfield, CTSalary: Open
Agency Finance & Accounting Specialist
The individual in this role will be working in EPIC, Excel and Cashpro (Bank of America) daily. There are established workflows and a high level of detail is required.
- Agency Commissions – depositing funds, recording payments, communicating with Carriers and attaching statements in EPIC
- Accounts Payable – processing agency expenses in Workday
- Agency Bill / Broker Payments – recording customer payments, disbursements to Brokers and transacting policies
- Transacting manual policies – creating statements in EPIC
- Researching unbilled report
- Daily communication with agency staff
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong written communication and organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook - proficiency a must
- Applied EPIC and Workday - preferred but not required
Commercial Lines Account ManagerJob # 1520Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 03/11/2019Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Seeking a motivated professional to join agency Commercial Lines Department. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Account Manager with a commitment to excellent customer service while handling Package, Umbrella, Auto, Workers Comp and other related policies in our collaborative team environment. Join a collection of professionals who seek to continually improve both the experience of the clients and the work environment. The big purpose is Helping Others – clients, partners, coworkers and the community – and start with ensuring all of the team members understand the vision and appreciate the vital role they play in making the plan a reality.
Necessary Experience, Skills and Perspective
- Account management experience in mid-market commercial lines insurance.
- Learn procedures and workflows to drive consistency and efficiency, with a focus on client experience.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with others.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement and team development.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Support and demonstrate the core values of our agency: trust, respect, creativity and fun.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Support and live our Customer Service Standards.
- Ability to make independent decisions, research and analyze problems and develop solutions that will provide outstanding customer experience and support our team goals.
- Effective listening and communication skills to assist internal and external clients as needs arise.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, strong time management and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize agency management system and other technology essential for job functions.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Strong work ethic.
- The successful candidate must have at least 3-5 years experience as an account manager.
- P&C license
- Professional designations preferred.
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to relate well with others in a team environment.
Commercial Lines Account ManagerJob # 1521Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 03/11/2019Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Fast paced, growing, dynamic full-service independent insurance agency is looking for a full-time experienced Commercial Lines Account Manager. Would welcome the right individual to join the team in an energetic and modern office culture. Competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including vacation, sick and holiday pay, health and retirement 401K.
The Commercial Lines Account Manager is the “gatekeeper” between the client and agency once an account is written. In this role, the Account Manager will manage all details of the client’s insurance relationship. The Account Manager will be responsible for retention of existing clients, rounding of accounts, quoting new business, policy changes and billing all to the client’s satisfaction.
- Handle daily communications among clients, producers and company people
- Maintain agency system/applications with current information
- Address customer inquiries regarding their insurance coverage and program
- Process Applications, Endorsements, Binders, Quotes, Comparative Rating etc.
- Bring accounts to market with 20+ insurance carriers
- Some Claims Reporting and follow-up between carrier and client overseeing all aspects of a diverse book of business
Qualified Applicants must have
- Excellent working knowledge of Commercial Lines Insurance
- Expertise working with industry software – such as Applied System – TAM
- Excellent knowledge of Marketing Process / Online quoting software of multiple carriers
- Working knowledge dealing with Excess / Surplus market
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Working knowledge of other computer programs such as Google Earth, PDF, Document Sharing
- We strive to be paperless so all candidates must be able to work in this nature.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must hold current Property & Casualty license
- 7 + years of Commercial Lines Property & Casualty experience
Personal Lines Customer Service AgentJob # 1523Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 03/21/2019Location: New Haven CountySalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Leading property and casualty insurance provider searching for a Customer Service Agent. The ideal candidate will have experience with Personal lines of Insurance.
The Customer Service Agent will:
- Act as the agency representative to clients, fellow professionals, the public and general business community
- Provide counsel and advice on new and/or additional insurance needs, explaining coverage's and types policies
- Identify risk exposures, qualifying potential prospects
- Maintain underwriting renewal review process and a marketing renewal review program for all policyholders
- Resolve general customer inquiries
Qualified candidates will have an Associate's degree or equivalent experience within the Personal Lines industry, preferably in an insurance agency environment. A Connecticut Property & Casualty insurance license is required to perform this position. Service and sales skills are a must.
Competitive salary plus commission and incentive opportunity offered, as well as excellent benefits, great training and development programs.
Accounting ManagerJob # 1524Job Type: AccountingStart Date: 03/21/2019Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Growing specialty insurance company is seeking an Accounting Manager to perform finance activities and support the expansion of the business.
- Premium accounting
- Financial reporting for management
- Premium and deductible billing and collection
- Management of invoice processing
- Monthly account reconciliations and analysis
- Reinsurance accounting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Maintaining strong internal controls
- Fulfilling external and internal audit requests
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned by management
- Establishing collaborative and effective relationships with Corporate Finance
The company is also seeking candidates with a desire to contribute to a collaborative, motivated and professionally ambitious work environment.
Essential to success in this position are the following talents and skills:
- Superior customer-service
- Extremely organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Effectively communicates, both in writing and orally
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Good listening skills
- Displays patience
- Willingness to learn
- Sets priorities effectively
- Excellent judgement
- Continuous improvement orientation
- Engenders confidence and trust among colleagues
- Operates with minimal supervision yet knows when to seek guidance or approval
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- 5 or more years of insurance company, broker finance or public accounting roles
- Strong working knowledge of statutory and GAAP accounting
- Must be proficient with Excel
Underwriting AssistantJob # 1525Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 03/21/2019Location: Dallas, TXSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Global, specialty insurance company is seeking an Underwriting Assistant for their Inland Marine team.
The Underwriting Assistant will be responsible for submission management, processing and delivering of quotes, binders and policies to the producers within specific performance standards.
The UA is also responsible for technical analysis of specific underwriting data to assist underwriters in the underwriting process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist underwriters with quote, binder, and policy issuance workflows;
- Participate in the creation and development of the team’s underwriting workflows and processes, including underwriting files for all bound accounts;
- Work with and follow up with producers for any outstanding information;
- Code, bill, register, process and distribute insurance binders and polices within processing standards established by management;
- Prepare all policies in accordance with final binders inclusive of review by underwriting staff;
- Implement and maintain a field service reputation that is recognized as superior in the industry;
- To review and analyze facultative reinsurance certificates as determined by management;
- The return of call and e-mails promptly and in all cases, within 24 hours of receipt;
- Facilitate event and meeting planning, including the providing of agendas and key data for external business trips;
- Provide backup to other Assistants as necessary.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a technical/underwriting assistant with similar duties;
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Computer skills including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Adobe Acrobat;
- Able to multi-task and communicate well;
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
Systems AnalystJob # 1526Job Type: Business Analyst/OperationsStart Date: 03/21/2019Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
A growing specialty insurance company is seeking a Systems Analyst to coordinate business systems and underwriting operational support.
- Performs IT support for home and remote offices including desktop, network and peripheral equipment administration: As needed coordinate with IT Vendor, Computer Support Team to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve desktop, network, systems and peripheral equipment issues; procures equipment and performs onboarding and off boarding of employees. Assists IT vendor with any upgrades, maintains systems documentation; coordinate data recoveries; assists in training of new users on Agency Management software, IMS. First point of contact for regional IT support issues.
- Provide support for users on IMS as both an Agency Management software product and also as a policy issuance software product.
- Monitor open IT support help desk tickets.
- Secures from IT vendors all disaster recovery and security test audits.
- Manages the Ring Central VoIP phone system. Responsible for all onboarding and off boarding of employees. Coordinates any employee training or help desk tickets.
- Administer IT equipment inventory: maintains equipment inventory records; produces and distributes reports on equipment inventory; coordinates equipment maintenance and arranges for training on new equipment.
- Travels as necessary: supports branch offices as required; participates in offsite training.
Minimum of three (3) years office experience with commercial insurance and general
systems experience. Prior experience with a Policy Administration and/or Agency
Management Systems required.
Associate Degree in Business related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
There are 16 jobs available.