Account Manager - Employee BenefitsJob # 1513Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 05/08/2020Location: New Haven CountySalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Employee Benefits Account Manager will be responsible for:
· Individual would manage a book of business comprised of mostly mid-sized employer clients (50-750 employees) located in NY and CT with both self-insured and fully insured arrangements.
· Responsible for acting as the primary contact between clients and insurance carriers and retaining clients through customer service which includes open and clear communication channels with clients, producers and internal partners. Ensure accurate and timely responses occur between all parties.
· Responsible for the insurance policy marketing process which includes obtaining client census and quotes, preparing and submitting bid specifications and evaluating the results in preparing recommendations for clients.
· Create client proposals as necessary with insurance renewal details. Communicate final placement details and instructions to insurers and customers.
· Utilize analytical tools and resources to develop alternative strategies, plan modeling and cost reduction opportunities.
· As needed, preparation of materials needed for client meetings including but not limited to agendas, reports, calendars, etc.
· Educate, advises and aid clients on all Compliance topics including, but not limited to, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s and Health Care Reform.
· Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
· Install new group insurance contracts for existing clients or new clients effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
· Conduct on-site meetings to communicate to employees and/or administrator about their benefit plans.
· Develop employee memorandum drafts for client to communicate the following; annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
· Provide resolution support and oversight of employee issues such as enrollment and billing issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum 2-4 years of experience in the health insurance industry
· 4 year college degree or industry specific designation preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of account management experience within the insurance industry
· Must currently hold life and health insurance license (or must obtain it within 4 months following date of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
· High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Personal Lines Account ExecutiveJob # 1605Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 03/31/2020Location: Southern CT - Fairfield CountySalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Growing boutique insurance agency is looking for a qualified Personal Lines Account Executive. This position will have account management responsibilities for an assigned book of business as well as marketing responsibilities for current prospects.
- Receive phone calls/emails from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative issues
- Executive the marketing plan, workflows for renewals
- Manage and build relationships with producers/salesperson
- Manage the incoming renewal quotes and prepare client proposals as needed
- Coverage review and recommendations with clients
- Maintain policies – endorsements, claims, evidence of insurance, binders, etc.
- Keep abreast of industry/company changes
- Complete supplemental applications as needed on renewal business
- Property & Casualty insurance license
- 3-5 years prior experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Prior experience, specifically EPIC, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent communications, listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
Account Manager - Small BusinessJob # 1608Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 05/08/2020Location: Fairfield CountySalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
The Small Business Unit Account Manager responsibilities:
Manage assigned book of business and work directly with client without Producer involvement, ensuring client relationship is managed effectively.
Independently negotiates and effects client coverage's. Refers highly complex or unusual situations to manager.
Up sells and cross sells additional products to small business clientele.
2-5 years relevant experience.
Property Casualty license required.
Completion of, or enrollment in, Associate in Risk Management and/or Charter Property Casualty Underwriter courses are desirable.
Account Executive - Commercial LinesJob # 1610Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 06/17/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
The Commercial Lines Account Executive is responsible for independently negotiating and placing new and renewal client coverages, collaborates with producers to prepare, market and renew underwriting submissions to clients and meet all service goals. This position has the ability to sign off on behalf of the producer and regularly approves policies of $500,000 and up.
Secures orders for new business of significant dollar amounts and conducts initial service assignment, including delivering policies, collecting premiums and providing education on the agency’s services.
Maintains awareness of status of accounts receivables on all assigned accounts. Takes appropriate steps to collect premiums due and keep accounts current.
Participates in and may lead new business and prospecting insurance presentations as well as renewal presentations.
Markets renewals and services, develops and retains assigned existing agency accounts using a high level of technical skill and underwriting expertise.
Identifies cross selling and upgrading opportunities for assigned clients to survey policy coverages.
Provides advice and guidance to service staff on client service and technical issues.
Participates in, or leads special projects of importance to clients that are non-insurance related. Reviews state and federal compliance requirements and other non-insurance related matters on behalf of the client.Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
College degree or equivalent work experience required.
5-8 years relevant experience.
CT Property Casualty Producer License required.
CPCU Designation required or must complete CPCU program within 5 years of hire date.
Human Resources GeneralistJob # 1613Job Type: Human ResourcesStart Date: 06/30/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
We are recruiting for a newly created position for one of our international clients, a small family oriented company, that is located in the Hartford area.
It is an ideal role for a skilled Human Resources Generalist who would like to work 20 hours a week - perfect for work-life balance.
Position will be responsible for handling a wide variety of high level and detailed activities, including payroll, employee relations, benefits administration, budgeting, and reporting.
Requirements include 3-5 years as an HR generalist and a strong understanding of HR policies.
This position will provide benefits.
Commercial Lines Service ManagerJob # 1614Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 07/15/2020Location: ConnecticutSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Large agency is seeking a Commercial Lines Service Manager. This position is responsible for managing the agency’s commercial insurance department service operations. Responsibilities include the implementation and maintenance of effective workflow processes to achieve operational efficiency while maintaining customer service levels consistent with the agency’s customer service philosophy.
- Manage, train, and evaluate the commercial lines employees who are responsible for customer service.
- Create client focused business practices and workflow processes for the agency to operate as efficiently as possible, while maintaining customer retention levels consistent with agency’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the maintenance of a Standard Operating Procedure Guide for the agency with input from employees, for every function performed in the commercial lines department.
- Oversee the agency training program for new and existing employees. Schedule instructors and classes, as necessary. Coordinate staff participation with department managers.
- Work with Personal Lines Department Manager to facilitate cross-sell referral programs between agency departments. Monitor success of these programs and make changes, as necessary.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and terminating commercial employees. Maintain up to date personnel files in accordance with HR guidelines.
- Manage the performance evaluation and salary administration program. Work with managers to develop and maintain job descriptions for all positions in the agency.
- Participate in special projects at the direction of the agency president.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification required.
Minimum of 5 years management experience in an agency environment required.
Agent / broker property and casualty and life and health licenses in the resident state are required.
Strong working knowledge of agency operations and agency management systems are a must.
Willingness to learn
Strong interpersonal skills and team building skills are required
Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Must be a good communicator and be approachable
Pleasant and friendly personality, focused on customer needs
Highly Proficient with Applied EPIC agency management system operation and maintenance
Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently without close supervision.
Ability to remain calm under pressure
Flexibility to travel to attend user group meetings and technology conferences
Accounts Receivable LeadJob # 1615Job Type: AccountingStart Date: 07/15/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Our client is looking for a highly motivated, conscientious, hands-on Accounts Receivable Lead to join their fast-paced finance team. This individual will be responsible for ensuring accounts receivables, customer payments, deposits and credits are accurately processed, managed, reconciled, and reported timely and efficiency.
Reporting to the Controller, this highly visible position also involves direct interaction with customers and the executive team. The Accounts Receivable Lead is responsible for issuing customers’ monthly statements, managing the sales tax remittance and resale certificate processes; and for ensuring customer related and compliance matters intersecting with Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collection matters are managed, escalated and/or resolved quickly with appropriate prioritization and exceptional customer service. This individual will also be involved in the monthly accounting close, have analysis responsibilities and participate in special projects including audits, fraud mitigation, process improvement, growth, and business continuity initiatives.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for collection of invoices and for accurately applying customer payments, refunds, and credits.
- Maintain and report A/R Financial and Operational Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintain, distribute, and report accurate aging of A/R balances including the expected date of collection.
- Participate in the evaluation of potentially uncollectible accounts.
- Perform A/R related month end closing, account reconciliation and analysis functions.
- Post customer payments to the general ledger against customer A/R record or deposit accounts and reconcile to bank account activity timely and accurately.
- Accept customer credit card payments timely and accurately.
- Process product allotment discounts and program revenue, if applicable.
- Provide customers monthly statements and payment request reminders.
- Monitor and make timely collection calls on outstanding accounts and escalate matters of concern.
- Pursue collection of fraudulent charges and process credit card chargebacks.
- Process customer credit applications.
- Verify credit limits on customer accounts.
- Approve, deny, or escalate credit applications in compliance with company delegation of authority.
- Report out to and participate on the Credit Committee.
- Track and respond to Customer Experience and customer inquiries timely and effectively- resolve issues, investigate discrepancies, perform sales analysis, provide copies of invoices, receipts, etc. as necessary.
- Process customer payments, credit memos and issue refunds.
- Manage sales tax remittance and resale certificate process.
- Comply with federal, state regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain statements of positions and workflows, make recommendations, and improve processes and controls surrounding the AR and collection function through continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- 2-5 years of relevant accounting, accounts receivable or accounts payable experience. Credit/Collections experience a plus. Exposure to risk management re: credit risk a plus.
- Proven experience effectively managing customer and/or vendor relationships and resolving issues.
- Working knowledge of GAAP Accounting.
- System savvy and excel power user (pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, etc.). Knowledge of Experian a plus.
- ERP System functional user with strong query capabilities. Knowledge of NetSuite a plus.
- Able to travel up to 5% as business needs may require.
- Superior customer service, organizational, time management, prioritization, and follow-up skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and employees.
- High attention to detail and accuracy and ability to see the big picture.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and ability to work an issue from start to finish.
- Ability to work effectively on individual and team assignments and contribute to maintaining a strong system of internal control while executing operational excellence through continuous improvement.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to respond effectively to customer needs and business change.
Resourceful, transparent, influential, dependable, adaptable and flexible.
Staff AccountantJob # 1616Job Type: AccountingStart Date: 07/15/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Our client is looking for a highly motivated Staff Accountant to join their fast-paced finance team. This position will have a key role in the completion of month end closings and have significant opportunities for advancement.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with month end closing process.
- Prepare month end journal entries including accruals and intercompany transactions.
- Prepare and analyze general ledger account reconciliations and ensure adequate detailed information is kept supporting such activity.
- Analyze results and explain key variances (actual to budget and/or historical).
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of internal reporting packages.
- Prepare for and participate in external audits.
- Perform special projects and other accounting duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain procedure documentation for key processes and participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Manage monthly sales tax remittance process.
- Back up other functional areas including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables and Treasury.
- Process customer returns.
- Perform control activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to GAAP.
- Works in a safe manner while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Accounting and a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- 1 to 3 years of related progressive experience.
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work an issue independently from start to finish.
- Team player with proven ability to respond effectively to business change.
- System savvy and an excel power user (pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, etc.).
- Familiarity ERP Finance systems, NetSuite, Sage, Avid, Expensify or Concur a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, organizational and communications skills.
- Willing to travel up to up to 10% as business needs may require.
Senior AccountantJob # 1617Job Type: AccountingStart Date: 07/15/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Our client is seeking an energetic Senior Accountant to join their fast paced
Finance team. He or she will report directly to the Controller and be involved in all key aspects
of the monthly financial accounting and reporting close process including management
reporting, reconciliations, control activities and variance analysis. The Senior Accountant will
partner with others within Finance and across the enterprise to maintain and strengthen
controls, support budget deliverables, treasury and business leaders while ensuring GAAP,
audit and tax compliance. This position offers significant opportunity for advancement.
Essential Job Functions
Manage the month end closing process, including:
- The closing calendar.
- Preparation of journal entries, financial reports and analysis.
- Fixed asset management reporting.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Reporting of key performance indicators and process controls.
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives that support the growth strategy, strong system of internal controls and operational excellence.
- Participate and support audit and tax compliance.
- Maintain financial reporting process documentation and ensure GAAP compliance.
- Perform routine tasks, special projects and other accounting duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Accounting and a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- 3-5 years proven experience with a mix of public and private industry preferred.
- Inventory and Manufacturing experience a plus.
- System savvy and an excel power user (pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, etc.) PowerPoint
- skills a plus.
- Experience with ledger ERP systems. Familiarity with NetSuite, Sage, Avid, Expensify or Concur a plus.
- Able to query historical transactions, analyze results and prepare variance analysis.
- Technically strong with a solid understanding and application of GAAP.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, time management, project management and follow-up skills.
- Able to multi-task, stay on target and re-prioritize as business needs change.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to see the big picture.
- Good teambuilding and human relations skills.
- Able to perform root cause analysis and contribute to process improvement.
Commercial Lines - Assistant Account ManagerJob # 1618Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 07/23/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
A full-service independent insurance agency is looking for a full-time Commercial Lines Assistant Account Manager to join their team. They offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including vacation, sick and holiday pay, health, and retirement 401k.
In this role, the Assistant Account Manager will help the Account Managers manage all details of the client’s insurance relationship. The Assistant Account Manager will be responsible for certificates of insurance, assist the Account Manager quoting new business, policy changes and billing all to the Account Manager’s and client’s satisfaction. Success in this position will lead to growth and advancement.
· Handle daily communications among Account Managers, producers, and agency management
· Maintain agency system/applications with current information
· Process Applications, Endorsements, Binders, Quotes, Comparative Rating etc.
· Some Claims Reporting and follow-up between carrier and client
· Assist the Account Managers in overseeing all aspects of a diverse book of business
Qualified Applicants should have
- Working general knowledge of Commercial Lines Insurance
- Working general knowledge of industry software – such as Applied System – TAM
- Working general knowledge of Marketing Process / Online quoting software of multiple carriers
- Working general knowledge dealing with Excess / Surplus market
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Excellent working knowledge of other computer programs such as Google Earth, PDF, Document Sharing, etc.
- The office strives to be paperless so all candidates must be able to work in this nature.
Key Work Traits
- Ability to handle fast paced, high-volume workflow in a team environment
- Positive attitude and the ability to easily adapt to change regarding procedures and technology
- Critical thinking and good judgment to quickly determine and prioritize key issues
- Ability to take and follow direction with supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Ability to clearly communicate with clients, brokers, underwriters, claim rep’s and co-workers
Required Skills and Experience
- Must hold Property & Casualty current license
- 2 + years of Commercial Lines Property & Casualty experience
Director of Client RelationshipsJob # 1619Job Type: Life Insurance and AnnuityStart Date: 07/23/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Our client is seeking a Director of Clients Relationships to process and service their life and annuity business.
Process Development & Improvement
- Develops business processes and service standards continuously assessing, evaluating, and refining performance measures as a staple of our commitment to continuous improvement
- Streamlines procedures to reduce cost, improve timeliness and increase quality
- Defines reporting parameters and establishes reporting standards with the Management Team
- Demonstrates courage to challenge the status quo and to make difficult decisions necessary to support the organization’s strategy
- Demonstrates a strong working understanding of the daily production tasks, processes, and systems
- Understands the workflow, with the detail necessary to be able to drive systems and process initiatives
- Monitors accounting reconciliation process for all suspense and liability accounts to ensure timeliness and quality. Successful Model Audit Rule planning and testing
Service & Relationship Management
- Thinks creatively and strategically to drive process changes to continuously improve the client experience
- Strengthens the client relationship by raising the caliber of service provided to our financial professionals
- Solves difficult and/or complex cases by providing research support and documentation required to respond any inquiries/complaints
Leading & Mentoring
- Leads the interviewing/hiring process for the team and makes hiring decisions aligned with pre-determined expertise and competencies
- Performs quality monitoring of phone calls and service requests to provide feedback to team. Phone monitoring includes the in-depth review of the caller’s experience with us and providing written and verbal feedback to associates while coaching them to their potential
- Promotes a culture where associates and team leaders take responsibility and are accountable for their performance by setting clear expectations; giving associates and team leaders the tools they need to do their job and holding them accountable for results
- Develops metrics, sets performance expectations, and performs quality monitoring of key processes to ensure quality and thoroughness of work
- Reinforces positive performance by recognizing and rewarding others
- Actively manages performance, including counseling and assisting associates through the performance improvement process
- Has consistent and meaningful dialogue with team leaders and associates regarding development, performance, and developmental needs
- Creates an environment that encourages two-way communication and in which associates feel it is safe to speak up
- Is approachable, provides guidance and hands-on support to the team handling escalated or complex situations
- Challenges others to think creatively
- Participates in corporate and department projects and other related duties
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- 7+ years’ experience in life insurance industry
- Experience with Universal and Variable life products
- 5 years’ experience in a supervisory, management or leadership role
- Experience and strong understanding of compliance and FINRA and SEC regulations (Reg 60, 187 and Best Interest)
- Call Center and/or operational experience a plus
- Knowledge of NY life and annuity products preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively partner across the organization and at multiple levels by building and maintaining strong relationships
- Takes ownership while providing a high caliber of service excellence and follow-through
- Demonstrated drive for results though positive change
- Listens and encourages suggestions, improvements, concerns, ideas from others
- Actively and openly leads change and continually assesses impact
- Provides cost-effective and customer-focused solutions
- Takes a quick but systematic approach to analyze situations to find the root cause of an issue
- Aids in the continued growth and development of others for the benefit of the individual and the long-term growth of the organization
- Respects others’ knowledge and abilities and encourages personal and professional learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- FINRA Series 6 required (can be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- FINRA Series 26 required (can be obtained within 12 months of hire)
There are 11 jobs available.