Commercial Lines CSRJob # 1433Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 07/17/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Growing agency is seeking a Commercial Lines CSR to handle small accounts.
- Handling correspondence and liaison between carriers and clients that the agency services
- Assist in seasonal marketing campaigns and support office manager
- Attend and assist at vendor booth trade shows
- Assist in training and oversight of interns, as needed
- Licensed in Property and Casualty Insurance
- Strong communication, customer service, and organization skills
- Database experience with entry and maintain client and company files
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Risk Control ConsultantJob # 1434Job Type: Loss ControlStart Date: 05/09/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
The Risk Control Consultant will be responsible for evaluating and upgrading prospective and in-force business with regards to hazards and hazard control based on vendor reports and/or telephone surveys. Provide the policyholder with assistance to control future losses in the form of safety recommendations and safety advice. Help ensure that underwriters have quality survey reports for risk selection
- Act as the Risk Control Lead (go-to-person) for one or more programs
- Participate in underwriting team meeting for those programs
- Promptly respond to all requires for risk control services coming from policyholders or producing agents
- Review incoming survey reports performed by vendors for quality control purposed
- Performs telephone surveys as needed and provide written reports to underwriting
- Issues risk improvement recommendations to policyholders based on vendor reports or telephone surveys
- Evaluates the adequacy of policyholder's response to the risk improvement recommendations
- Assist in creating and updating survey report templates and service instruction used by vendors
- Assist the Risk Control Director in performing loss analysis and loss trend analysis at both the policyholder level and the program level
- Create safety materials for the policyholders based on program loss trend analysis
- Stay current with technology, regulations, and safety trends for each program
- 3-5 years experience in insurance loss control (both work-comp) and multi-line)
- Work-comp experience is required
- Highly computer literate (Microsoft office a must and IMS a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Degree in safety management or similar field highly desirable
Claims Manager - CyberJob # 1440Job Type: Cyber ClaimsStart Date: 05/23/2018Location: Greater New York City AreaSalary: Open
Specialty insurance company is seeking a Claims Manager specializing in cyber E&O. This position will be the product line leader with supervisory responsibilities
Qualified candidates will have 3-6 years of cyber claims within insurance carrier and/or law firm. JD required.
Account ManagerJob # 1444Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 06/01/2018Location: Middlesex CountySalary: Open
Growing insurance agency is seeking an Account Manager. The Account Manager will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and capturing new and existing opportunities through proposals and renewals of health, life, disability and other types of related insurance products for clients.
College graduate or above; 3-5 years exceptional customer service experience with a background.
Maintain Health and Life Connecticut Producer License.
Knowledge in agency client system, preferably in EPIC
Commercial Lines Account ExecutiveJob # 1451Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 07/26/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
The Commercial Lines Account Executive is responsible for independently negotiating and placing new and renewal client coverages, collaborates with producers to prepare, market and renew underwriting submissions to clients and meet all service goals. This position has the ability to sign off on behalf of the producer and regularly approves policies of $500,000 and up.
- Account Executive secures orders for new business of significant dollar amounts and conducts initial service assignment, including delivering policies, collecting premiums and providing education on the agency’s services.
- Account Executive maintains awareness of status of accounts receivables on all assigned accounts. Takes appropriate steps to collect premiums due and keep accounts current.
- Account Executive participates in and may lead new business and prospecting insurance presentations as well as renewal presentations.
- Account Executive markets renewals and services, develops and retains assigned existing agency accounts using a high level of technical skill and underwriting expertise.
- Account Executive identifies cross selling and upgrading opportunities for assigned clients to survey policy coverages.
- Account Executive provides advice and guidance to service staff on client service and technical issues.
- Account Executive participates in, or leads special projects of importance to clients that are non-insurance related. Reviews state and federal compliance requirements and other non-insurance related matters on behalf of the client.
- Account Executive adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5-8 years relevant experience.
- CT Property Casualty Producer License required.
- CPCU Designation required or must complete CPCU program within 5 years of hire date.
Account Manager - Small Business UnitJob # 1454Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 07/26/2018Location: Fairfield County, CTSalary: Open
The Small Business Unit Account Manager is responsible for servicing Small Business clients in the Commercial Insurance Company. This position will provide client and technical support to maintain business and will identify opportunities to expand business. The accounts in the Small Business Unit are not assigned to a Producer, which will require this position to work independently and directly with clients to ensure an optimal client experience
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages assigned book of business. Works directly with client without Producer involvement, ensures client relationship is managed effectively.
- Independently negotiates and effects client coverage's. Refers highly complex or unusual situations to manager.
- Up sells and cross sells additional products to small business clientele.
- Responds to, and resolves client inquiries regarding exposure, coverage, contract analysis and any non-insurance matters of importance to the client.
- Reviews all compliance requirements and takes corrective action as needed, this includes insurance specifications and contract requirements.
- Surveys policy coverage's.
- Be the ‘face’ of company’s small business to the business and commercial lending community to cultivate a flow of new business referrals.
- Attend meetings in an assigned geographical region on a monthly or quarterly basis, as needed.
- Handle small business referrals from producers, clients and employees; responding appropriately in a timely manner according to established guidelines.
- Utilize experience and expertise in insurance industry to conduct a full review of the prospect’s current insurance program, and offer a price competitive quotation, with comparable coverage's wherever possible.
- Follow written protocols established for the placement of new business, including securing signed completed applications and proposals, and their entry into agency management system.
- May participate in special projects.
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- 2-5 years relevant experience.
- Property Casualty license required.
- Completion of, or enrollment in, Associate in Risk Management and/or Charter Property Casualty Underwriter courses are desirable.
- Proven ability to manage large volume of accounts in a highly effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with clients and manage client relationships.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and agency management system.
- Ability to handle diverse situations using excellent interpersonal, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent decision making ability, willingness to be resourceful and solutions oriented.
- Ability to work well with a team and share knowledge and skills.
Management Liability UnderwriterJob # 1457Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 07/20/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Growing insurance company is seeking an Underwriter to work under the general supervision of senior management. The Underwriter will develop and maintain productive relationships with distribution partners. The Underwriter will rigorously select, evaluate and secure individual accounts that meet the underwriting standards and guidelines. The Underwriter will constructively engage with peers and company support areas in day to day decision making and customer service.
Qualified candidates should possess a strong interest in dynamics and trends underlying the healthcare industry and related social, regulatory, economic and legal trends impacting it. The Underwriter should have an interest in acquiring RPLU or CPCU designation.
Bachelor’s degree required, as well as three (3) or more year’s management liability or other healthcare/medical professional liability underwriting experience. Equivalent experience in a broker capacity is also acceptable.
Commercial Lines Account ManagerJob # 1461Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 08/01/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Growing agency is adding to staff and looking for a new Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative to handle marketing, rating, and servicing of commercial lines clients.
- Marketing and rating small to mid-size commercial accounts across multiple lines of business
- Handle endorsements, Certificate of Insurance requests, billing and claims questions
- Establish strong working relationships with producers
- Apply knowledge of products and coverage to optimize the best customer experience possible
- Servicing clients
- Be a team player
- Property Casualty license
- Prior commercial insurance experience including servicing, rating and quoting
- Familiarity with AMS and Insurance Company Websites
- Organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and analytical
Competitive salary and health insurance with generous employer contribution. 401K and employer-provided life and disability insurance. PTO
Commercial Lines Department ManagerJob # 1458Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 08/09/2018Location: Middlesex CountySalary: Open
Growing Agency is seeking a Commercial Lines and Employment Benefits Department Manager. The Department Manager will oversee all marketing and servicing activities to provide the highest standards in commercial insurance brokerage services and relationships. Responsible for oversight of office operations and administrative support to the office.
Responsibilities of Department Manager:
- Responsible for formulating the overall strategic direction of commercial insurance solutions that support the overall business and operational needs of Agency's clients
- Investigate, develop, and maintain dependable market relationships with all needed markets to support current and anticipated business acquired by Agency
- Ensure that relationships between producers and associates are cooperative and productive
- Review new business for the department and qualify prospects on behalf of the producers. Coordinate team assignments for servicing of new clients
- Responsible for assigning department workload and monitoring new business capacity to ensure associates are performing at an optimal level
- Designate individual responsibility and establish scope of authority within the department for the accomplishment of department and Agency objectives
- Recommend organizational structure, processes, staffing and other resources for the department to support growth and strategic objectives. Prepare annual operational and staffing budget
- Responsible for succession planning and ensure that associates with growth potential are identified as candidates for development
- Participate in the recruitment of associates to the department and manage the interview and hiring process
- Lead regular department and specialized group meetings
- Understand best practices and workplace technology. Work with other departments to ensure both are used efficiently and effectively
- Attend management and leadership strategic meetings
- Communicate in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment
- Protect the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position
- Comply with Agency procedures and policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or years of experience Typically seven to ten years of Client services experience is required equivalent
- Knowledge in EPIC a plus
- Extensive experience in management and leadership over multiple individuals
- Strong technical knowledge of commercial property and casualty coverages. Experience in account executive level brokerage services and client management
- Substantial experience in marketing and servicing the insurance needs of large client accounts
- Ability to travel
There are 9 jobs available.