Commercial Lines Department ManagerJob # 1458Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 08/09/2018Location: Middlesex CountySalary: Open
The Commercial Lines Department will oversee all marketing and servicing activities in the Commercial Lines and Employee Benefits Departments to provide the highest standards in commercial insurance brokerage services and relationships. Responsible for oversight of office operations and administrative support to the office.
- Responsible for formulating the overall strategic direction of commercial insurance solutions that support the overall business and operational needs of company clients
- Investigate, develop, and maintain dependable market relationships with all need markets to support current and anticipated business acquired by the company
- Ensure that relationships between Producers and associates are cooperative and productive.
- Review new business for the department and qualify prospects on behalf of the Producers. Coordinate team assignments for servicing new clients
- Responsible for assigning department workload and monitoring new business capacity to ensure associates are performing at an optimal level
- Designate individual responsibility an establish scope of authority within the department for the accomplishment of department and company objectives
- Recommend organizational structure, processes, staffing, and other resources for the Department to support growth and strategic objectives. Prepare annual operational and staffing budget
- Responsible for succession planning and ensure that associates with growth potential are identified as candidates for development
- Participate in the recruitment of associates to the department and manage the interview and hiring process
- Lead regular department and specialized group meetings
- Understand best practices and workplace technology. Work with other departments to ensure both are used efficiently and effectively
- Attend management and leadership strategic meetings
- Communicate in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment
- Project the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position
- Comply with company procedures and policies
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or years of experience equivalent
- Typically seven to ten years of Client services experience is required
- Knowledge in EPIC a plus
- Extensive experience in management and leadership over multiple individuals
- Strong technical knowledge of commercial property and casualty coverages. Experience in account executive level brokerage services and client management
- Substantial experience in marketing and servicing the insurance needs of large Client accounts
Account ExecutiveJob # 1460Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 09/07/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
A Performance-Based independent insurance company is searching for an Account Executive to be responsible for the day to day management of a property & casualty book of business with focus on middle market clients. The Account Executive/Manager will be the primary point of contact for clients and will work with assistant account managers who provide the clerical/data entry support and quality control processes. This is an opportunity to do meaningful work with a fun, flexible and fast-paced company.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Current CT Property & Casualty Producer License, or willing to obtain
- Professional designation: CPCU, ACI, CRM, ARM a plus
- 5 years’ experience with middle market commercial property & casualty accounts
- Experience with construction accounts a plus
- Experience with alternative risk transfer (large deductible, captives, etc.) a plus
Personal Lines Customer Service AgentJob # 1468Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 08/22/2018Location: Fairfield County, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Leading property and casualty insurance provider searching for a Customer Service Agent. The ideal candidate will have experience with Personal lines of Insurance.
The Customer Service Agent will:
- Act as the agency representative to clients, fellow professionals, the public and general business community
- Provide counsel and advice on new and/or additional insurance needs, explaining coverage's and types policies
- Identify risk exposures, qualifying potential prospects
- Maintain underwriting renewal review process and a marketing renewal review program for all policyholders
- Resolve general customer inquiries
Qualified candidates will have an Associate's degree or equivalent experience within the Personal Lines industry, preferably in an insurance agency environment. A Connecticut Property & Casualty insurance license is required to perform this position. Service and sales skills are a must.
Competitive salary plus commission and incentive opportunity offered, as well as excellent benefits, great training and development programs.
Data EngineerJob # 1471Job Type: ITStart Date: 09/11/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
The Data Engineer will be responsible for data engineering related works within the data & analytics governance area. This individual will create high quality modeling datasets and manage the technical environment for analytics model development. The successful candidate will work with IT & data scientists to improve the data management capabilities of the analytics model development process and work to create modeling datasets by combining internal & external data assets. This position will also be responsible for analytical model deployment work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer within a modeling environment
- 3+ years of data & analytics experience within P&C industries preferred
- Experience with Python, Informatica, Git, PySpark, Dockerized containers
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop based technologies (MapReduce, Hive, Pig), SQL (MySQL, Oracle), NoSQL (MongoDB, HBASE, Cassandra), and Data Warehousing Solutions
- Strong analytical and reasoning capabilities
- Detail oriented with a commitment to documentation of work performed, assumptions and results
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude for performing multiple tasks and dealing with changing deadline requirements
- Well organized with the ability to set and meet deadlines
- Graduate degree
- 3+ years of Python, Java programming & Informatica experience within an analytics environment
- Strong data management experience
- Some experience with analytics model deployment
- Desire to learn new software, data sources and skills to improve data management and analytics model deployment
Commercial Service RepresentativeJob # 1473Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 10/03/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Growing agency is seeking a Commercial Service Representative. This position is servicing all commercial accounts, mostly construction, ranging from $5,000 to $5,000,000 in premium size.
The book would require a seasoned representative with some construction knowledge. AMS 360 required.
Personal Lines SupervisorJob # 1474Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 10/05/2018Location: Fairfield County, CTSalary: Open
The Personal Lines Supervisor will provide prompt, accurate, professional support to both staff and clients. The Supervisor will offer direction to staff members including ongoing training and changes in workflow as deemed necessary to maximize E&O prevention.
- Provide supervision to assigned personal lines division staff members by monitoring workflow and offering guidance
- Offer advice and counsel to assigned staff on matter related to agency procedures
- Coordinate and oversee services provided Account Managers and Assistants to ensure client need are met
- Evaluate service staff and provide ongoing guidance and training procedures and workflows
- Support management by assisting in file audits and offering suggestions on procedures and workflows
- Minimum 5 years of Agency Personal Lines experience required
- Property and Casualty Producers license required
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and the internet required
- Applied System “Epic” system experience desired
- Working knowledge of companies represented desired
Underwriting AssistantJob # 1476Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 10/09/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Specialty MGA is looking for an Underwriting Assistant to join their team.
· Responsible for essential services, direct support to the Underwriter and Agent interaction.
· Responsible for supporting underwriting through a variety of functions that include new business and renewal policy set up, account coordination, report ordering, data collection and information follow-up.
· Reviews information in insurance applications to help make initial determination on risk acceptability.
· Communicates with sub-agents to obtain needed and required underwriting information.
· Works directly with agents to resolve problems and issues. Manages account documentation (i.e., proposals, internal risk evaluation documents, etc.).
· Develops information required for regulatory compliance from application and other source documents.
· Policy Issuance
· Inputs account information into MGA management system
· Responsible for handling high volumes of transactions.
· Coordinate activities for all supporting tasks (Rating, Agent/Broker information, MVRs, Loss Control, etc.) on new business submissions.
· Prepares submissions for outsourced rating vendor and act as the gatekeeper between the underwriter and vendor.
· High School Diploma required.
· Holds Valid Insurance Producers License
· College Degree preferred.
· Previous Underwriting Assistant experience preferred.
· Functional knowledge of Commercial Lines Rating experience preferred.
· Professional Demeanor.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point Software.
· Good automation skills.
· Effective Communication Skills (written and verbally).
· Strong Relationship Building skills.
Commercial Lines Marketing SpecialistJob # 1491Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 11/27/2018Location: New Haven County or Hartford CountySalary: Open
The Commercial Lines Marketing Specialist will assist the producers in the marketing and placement of commercial accounts.
- Provide market knowledge and expertise to all agency employees with respect to commercial lines.
- Set up and maintain prospect files in agency management system and complete all applications.
- Utilize carrier rating systems to underwrite, quote and issue commercial accounts.
- Work with company underwriters on the manual submission of business where online submissions are not available.
- Obtain necessary underwriting information needed to quote as directed by managers and producers.
- Work pro-actively to meet all quoting deadlines.
- Negotiate optimum coverage terms and pricing with company underwriters.
- Assist in transition of prospect files from marketing to service once coverage is bound.
- Develop a broad knowledge base and a sound understanding of the insurance industry with respect to coverage and exposure, through ‘on the job’ training.
- Follow department policies and procedures closely. Prioritize work according to established guidelines.
- Assist manager in any special projects as needed
- High School diploma required.
- Property/Casualty agent's license required
- Experience in the market
- Proficient with Applied EPIC preferred
Assistant Vice President ClaimsJob # 1494Job Type: ClaimsStart Date: 12/10/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Specialty insurance company is seeking an Assistant Vice President Claims. The primary responsibilities of this position are to investigate, evaluate and resolve managed care, medical management liability and life science claims. The position requires handling claims across varied medical specialties that present the greatest severity and complexity in the department.
- Identifying and analyzing coverage issues.
- Negotiate claim settlement within authority level.
- Review files for timely and appropriate reserves; monitor reserve adequacy throughout the life of a claim file
- Selecting defense counsel
- Litigation management including ongoing communication with defense counsel, monitoring of legal status reporting, reviewing invoices and ensuring compliance with litigation guidelines
- Attending mediations, court conferences and trials
- Regular communication with the insured from initial contact to claim resolution
- Formulating and executing claim resolution plans
- Direct handling of settlement negotiations with plaintiff’s counsel
- Promptly paying all claim expenses and indemnity obligations and reporting claim outcomes to state and federal regulatory agencies
- Presenting claims at internal claim roundtables
- Preparing claim status reports to reinsurers
- Regularly review quarterly loss runs for increase in reserves or severity matters, alerting management for potential impact to the company’s policies.
- Engage in collaborative projects in support of other areas in the company.
Preferred candidates should possess strong knowledge of relevant legal decisions, claim trends and industry practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college
- At least 5 -7 years in handling managed care claims
- JD is highly desirable
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and demonstrated aptitude with Windows based operating systems
Life Science UnderwriterJob # 1495Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 12/06/2018Location: Various LocationsSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Growing Specialty Underwriting Company is seeking a Life Sciences Underwriter to support the expansion of products/completed operations liability and clinical trials liability insurance businesses.
Working under the general supervision of senior management and acting within authority appropriate to this position, the underwriter is expected to:
- develop and maintain productive relationships with our distribution partners,
- rigorously select, evaluate and secure individual accounts that meet our underwriting standards and guidelines,
- constructively engage with peers and company support areas in day to day decision-making and customer service.
The company is also seeking candidates with a desire to contribute to a collaborative, motivated and professionally ambitious work environment.
Should possess a strong interest in the dynamics and trends underlying the life sciences industry and related social, regulatory, economic and legal trends impacting it.
An interest in acquiring RPLU or CPCU designation
Position may be located in Hartford, Boston or New York
Bachelor’s degree (4 years college) required.
Seven (7) or more year’s life sciences or other healthcare/medical professional liability underwriting experience. Equivalent experience in a broker capacity is also acceptable.
Proficiency with Excel, Word and demonstrated aptitude with Windows based operating systems
Senior Account ManagerJob # 1499Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 12/11/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Large broker is has a need for a Senior Account Manager. This position will be responsible for possessing and applying knowledge of industry trends and related regulations in the course of servicing Clients’ accounts in an innovative and efficient manner. This position shall also develop and maintain favorable internal and external relationships, with the end goal of providing the highest level of customer service by meeting or exceeding industry standards.
- Oversees the servicing of a designated book of business as relating to marketing, claims and administration
- Researches an issues’ root cause, implements and resolves policy-related issues
- Recommends potential enhancements or improvements to processes, products, and/or policies
- Uses discretion and independent judgment when analyzing industry trends and providing related Client guidance
- Development financial models and reports for Client and more senior staff, provides interpretation and implications of analysis, as well as recommendations
- Provides expertise in strategic planning and consultative advice to clients, including the production, analysis, and recommendations for changes to coverage plans
- Engages in Client strategy meetings to manage insured expectations for upcoming term
- Develops and presents coverage plan and renewal terms to Client
- Mentors and trains junior-level staff
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or years of experience equivalent
- Typically more than 7 years of client services experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills required
Third Party Capital LeadJob # 1500Job Type: ReinsuranceStart Date: 12/20/2018Location: New York, NYSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Global reinsurer is seeking a Third Party Capital Lead to expand their team. This individual will play an integral role in:
- Managing and investing capital in insurance linked securities and property-catastrophe related asset classes for traditional and alternative capital providers including hedge funds, private equity and pension funds
- Execute joint ventures that leverage the Company’s sourcing and underwriting expertise by delivering customized reinsurance solutions for clients
- Create and capitalize vehicles, alongside investors, to build diversified portfolios of alternative risks
- Pursue strategic investments in financial services companies that support these efforts
- Assist the in integrating third party capital and traditional reinsurance across company.
- This individual will have a history of (re)insurance experience, strong technical skills in AIR and/or RMS and have experience executing ILS and capital market transactions.
- Experience in ILS and catastrophe reinsurance
- Expertise in RMS and/or AIR
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis with strong modeling and presentation skills
- Experience interfacing effectively with all levels of seniority and investors, both internally and externally
- Proven self-starter with a strong work ethic and an ability to solve problems independently
- A minimum of 7 years work experience with the ability to independently lead transactions and coordinate with a broad team within the firm to create successful outcomes
- Other desired skills and characteristics:
- Experience in the insurance sector and ILS modeling
- Strong client focus and organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
Head of Retro - Risk FundingJob # 1501Job Type: ReinsuranceStart Date: 12/20/2018Location: Various LocationsSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
A global reinsurer is seeking a Head of Retro to manage the design, structuring and execution of retrocession transactions globally for the company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the design and execution of retrocessions including traditional and alternative risk transfer solutions
- Design and implement retro strategy that is accretive to company’s gross to net results and assists in achieving portfolio goals
- Integrate with underwriting to ensure retro strategy supports company’s portfolio and top line growth plans
- Partner with key underwriters in company to design and evaluate potential retrocession opportunities
- Strong knowledge of (re)insurance and retro structuring, including solutions sourced from both traditional as well as alternative capital markets
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships with both distribution partners and retrocessionaires
- Ability to multitask and coordinate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with drafting and negotiating legal documents
- Manage relationships with markets and distribution partners to evaluate new opportunities
- Coordinate with other members of Risk Funding to integrate retro into the broader risk transfer program across the company
Other desired skills and characteristics:
- Actuarial and/or reinsurance/retro underwriting or brokerage background is a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and experience in constructing retro programs and executing specific transactions
Benefits Account ManagerJob # 1503Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 01/18/2019Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Growing brokerage firm is seeking an Employee Benefits Account Manager to provide high-quality level of customer service in servicing, supporting, and coordinating Clients’ account.
The Account Manager will service designated book of business as relating to marketing, claims, and administration.
Benefits AnalystJob # 1504Job Type: Customer ServiceStart Date: 01/18/2019Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
A large Brokerage firm is looking for a Benefits Analyst to provide key administrative support involving written and verbal communication as well as filing and data management with clients.
Qualified candidates will have experience with employee benefits and general understanding of group insurance.
Account ExecutiveJob # 1505Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 01/18/2019Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
A top-rated brokerage firm is seeking an Account Executive to be responsible for servicing and marketing needs of existing book of business and increasing account retention by executing proactive, creative and ongoing relationships.
There are 16 jobs available.