Account Manager - Employee BenefitsJob # 1513Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 05/08/2020Location: New Haven CountySalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Employee Benefits Account Manager will be responsible for:
· Individual would manage a book of business comprised of mostly mid-sized employer clients (50-750 employees) located in NY and CT with both self-insured and fully insured arrangements.
· Responsible for acting as the primary contact between clients and insurance carriers and retaining clients through customer service which includes open and clear communication channels with clients, producers and internal partners. Ensure accurate and timely responses occur between all parties.
· Responsible for the insurance policy marketing process which includes obtaining client census and quotes, preparing and submitting bid specifications and evaluating the results in preparing recommendations for clients.
· Create client proposals as necessary with insurance renewal details. Communicate final placement details and instructions to insurers and customers.
· Utilize analytical tools and resources to develop alternative strategies, plan modeling and cost reduction opportunities.
· As needed, preparation of materials needed for client meetings including but not limited to agendas, reports, calendars, etc.
· Educate, advises and aid clients on all Compliance topics including, but not limited to, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s and Health Care Reform.
· Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
· Install new group insurance contracts for existing clients or new clients effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
· Conduct on-site meetings to communicate to employees and/or administrator about their benefit plans.
· Develop employee memorandum drafts for client to communicate the following; annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
· Provide resolution support and oversight of employee issues such as enrollment and billing issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum 2-4 years of experience in the health insurance industry
· 4 year college degree or industry specific designation preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of account management experience within the insurance industry
· Must currently hold life and health insurance license (or must obtain it within 4 months following date of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
· High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Senior Underwriter, Inland MarineJob # 1585Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 02/07/2020Location: Chicago, ILSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Large, specialty insurance company is seeking a Senior Underwriter for their Inland Marine business.
The U.S. Insurance Inland Marine practice offers a full portfolio of inland marine coverage including both mono-line and marine packages. Working with a select group of wholesale and retail brokers, their experienced specialists tailor solutions to meet the unique needs of each client. Providing individual risk policies as well as products for niche classes, and deliver risk solutions effectively and responsively.
Main areas of responsibility:
• Responsible for the underwriting of the Inland Marine business within assigned territory and agency base.
• Evaluates all individual risk characteristics to properly determine capacity, attachment point, terms and pricing to build and underwrite a diverse and profitable book of business.
• Maintains and enhances existing broker relationships and identify and develop new relationships both regionally and outside the territory.
• Develops and executes a marketing plan aimed at retaining existing business and producing new business.
• Keeps abreast of industry trends with regard to pricing, new lines of business, etc.
• Adapts underwriting techniques to underwriting guidelines and rating plans to write a wide range of account size and operations.
• Recommends amendments and enhancements, including coverage, policy forms, premium rate plans and underwriting guidelines, loss control guidelines, and distribution.
• Maintain files in an orderly manner consistent with company guidelines.
• Ability to work with others within a team and contribute to the development of others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• 3-5 years of Inland Marine/Property underwriting experience
• Established relationships with local retail brokers with ability to move business a plus
• Experience successfully underwriting, quoting, and binding profitable business
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Strong Attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
Senior UnderwriterJob # 1594Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 02/07/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Established insurance company is seeking a Senior Underwriter to be responsible for managing and underwrite a portion of the company’s direct domestic liability business, direct foreign business, and foreign reinsurance assumed business. Maintains relationships with risk managers, brokers and foreign reinsurers.
Education and Experience Required:
• Education – Bachelor’s degree required. An MBA or CPCU designation is desirable
• Experience – Commercial liability underwriting background at an insurance company or reinsurance company with at least five years of underwriting experience.
• Primary underwriting experience required with exposure to treaty and facultative reinsurance desirable.
• Supervisory / Management – None.
ControllerJob # 1597Job Type: AccountingStart Date: 04/21/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Our client is looking for an experienced financial controller to lead all aspects of financial management, including GAAP and statutory accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including statutory and GAAP accounting, billing, A/R, A/P, GL, reinsurance cessions, claim escrow funding, and collateral management.
- Establishes financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and managing investments.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Manage month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 10 years of Accounting experience
- Prior management experience required
- Property/Casualty insurance experience required
- Reinsurance accounting experience required
- Strong analytical ability
- Competent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Managing processes
- Selecting and using financial software
- Developing control standards
- Tracking budget expenses
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
Underwriting Assistant, Workers CompensationJob # 1600Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 05/19/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
A specialty program company is seeking a Workers Compensation Underwriting Assistant. This role will provide excellent customer service, clerical support, and assistance to the Underwriting Team, Brokers, and Carrier Partners.
- Responsible for supporting underwriting through a variety of functions that include new business and renewal policy set up, account coordination, report ordering, data collection and information follow-up.
- Reviews information in insurance applications to help make initial determination on risk acceptability.
- Review rating for accuracy from rating vendor for assigned Underwriter(s).
- Inputs account information into MGA management system.
- Proficient in rating and policy issuance based on binding conditions.
- Handle various requests and/or inquiries from Agents and/or Underwriters through phone and written correspondence
- Works directly with agents to resolve problems and issues.
- Manages account documentation (i.e., proposals, internal risk evaluation documents, etc.).
- Responsible for handling high volumes of transactions.
- Provide back-up for others in the department.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- High School Diploma required.
- Functional knowledge of Workers Compensation Rating experience required.
- Experience with Workers Compensation rates & forms preferred.
- Must be a leader and take responsibility for timely and accurate work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point Software.
- Effective Communication Skills (written and verbal).
- Strong Relationship Building skills.
Senior UnderwriterJob # 1604Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 04/21/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Responsible for multi-line underwriting, policy issuance and customer service. Responsible for larger and more complex member accounts. Functions include: underwriting / pricing new and renewal policies, coordinating policy services, liaison with outside vendors, providing insurance services to members, agency services, program management and marketing support.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial lines coverage, underwriting, agency operations, marketing and program management.
- Superior math skills and the ability to understand and interpret statistical information.
- Ability to work as a lead person in an interactive work environment.
- Ability to make sound judgments and decisions based on data available.
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral mediums.
- Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with other employees, members & the general public.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to operate in a Windows environment.
- Ability to travel.
- Knowledge and commitment to company mission and organizational values.
- Effective listening skills.
- Knowledge of commercial property-liability insurance company operations.
- Minimum of five years' experience as a Commercial Lines Underwriter or Large Account Manager in an Underwriting Department.
- Knowledge of agency operations.
- Knowledge of insurance operations.
- Knowledge of public housing desired.
- Proficiency in the use of a PC and network based programs.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Certificate in General Insurance desired.
- Agents License desired.
Personal Lines Account ExecutiveJob # 1605Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 03/31/2020Location: Southern CT - Fairfield CountySalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Growing boutique insurance agency is looking for a qualified Personal Lines Account Executive. This position will have account management responsibilities for an assigned book of business as well as marketing responsibilities for current prospects.
- Receive phone calls/emails from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative issues
- Executive the marketing plan, workflows for renewals
- Manage and build relationships with producers/salesperson
- Manage the incoming renewal quotes and prepare client proposals as needed
- Coverage review and recommendations with clients
- Maintain policies – endorsements, claims, evidence of insurance, binders, etc.
- Keep abreast of industry/company changes
- Complete supplemental applications as needed on renewal business
- Property & Casualty insurance license
- 3-5 years prior experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Prior experience, specifically EPIC, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent communications, listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
Account Manager - Small BusinessJob # 1608Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 05/08/2020Location: Fairfield CountySalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
The Small Business Unit Account Manager responsibilities:
Manage assigned book of business and work directly with client without Producer involvement, ensuring client relationship is managed effectively.
Independently negotiates and effects client coverage's. Refers highly complex or unusual situations to manager.
Up sells and cross sells additional products to small business clientele.
2-5 years relevant experience.
Property Casualty license required.
Completion of, or enrollment in, Associate in Risk Management and/or Charter Property Casualty Underwriter courses are desirable.
Account Executive - Commercial LinesJob # 1610Job Type: Account Management/Customer ServiceStart Date: 06/17/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
The Commercial Lines Account Executive is responsible for independently negotiating and placing new and renewal client coverages, collaborates with producers to prepare, market and renew underwriting submissions to clients and meet all service goals. This position has the ability to sign off on behalf of the producer and regularly approves policies of $500,000 and up.
Secures orders for new business of significant dollar amounts and conducts initial service assignment, including delivering policies, collecting premiums and providing education on the agency’s services.
Maintains awareness of status of accounts receivables on all assigned accounts. Takes appropriate steps to collect premiums due and keep accounts current.
Participates in and may lead new business and prospecting insurance presentations as well as renewal presentations.
Markets renewals and services, develops and retains assigned existing agency accounts using a high level of technical skill and underwriting expertise.
Identifies cross selling and upgrading opportunities for assigned clients to survey policy coverages.
Provides advice and guidance to service staff on client service and technical issues.
Participates in, or leads special projects of importance to clients that are non-insurance related. Reviews state and federal compliance requirements and other non-insurance related matters on behalf of the client.Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
College degree or equivalent work experience required.
5-8 years relevant experience.
CT Property Casualty Producer License required.
CPCU Designation required or must complete CPCU program within 5 years of hire date.
Human Resources GeneralistJob # 1613Job Type: Human ResourcesStart Date: 06/30/2020Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
We are recruiting for a newly created position for one of our international clients, a small family oriented company, that is located in the Hartford area.
It is an ideal role for a skilled Human Resources Generalist who would like to work 20 hours a week - perfect for work-life balance.
Position will be responsible for handling a wide variety of high level and detailed activities, including payroll, employee relations, benefits administration, budgeting, and reporting.
Requirements include 3-5 years as an HR generalist and a strong understanding of HR policies.
This position will provide benefits.
There are 10 jobs available.