Integration ManagerJob # 1437Job Type: Project ManagerStart Date: 05/11/2018Location: Greater Boston AreaSalary: Open
Large insurance company is seeking an Innovation and Strategic Integration Manager to join their growing innovation team.
This role will report in to our Business Innovation team and is responsible for working with Business Partners from multiple business groups including operations, underwriting, IT and other departments to lead the planning, controlling, execution and reporting of assigned projects. This role will need to develop solid understanding across multiple substantial work streams and/or business units. This Project Manager will use a structured approach to deliver results via project plans, the scope of which will be driven by project applicability and complexity of the assignment. This role will be working on projects focused on progressing business innovation with the Company.
- Leading the development and refinement of project requirements, estimates, plans, schedules and implementations. Incumbents are also responsible for using the multi-sourcing strategy and for maintenance of project plans.
- Lead cross-functional project teams with the goal of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of core business processes.
- Continuously monitor project status via a variety of applicable methods; apply best practices and methods as needed, to manage and control project resources and scope.
- Communicate the status of major milestones, identify classify and manage potential project risk with mitigation strategies and contingency plans, provide continuing direction to the project team, and conduct regular status meetings with key stakeholders to review project activities.
- Ability to assess risk and manage contingency plans
- Manage, motivate and lead project teams to meet project objectives
- Ability to link business consequences to a project's progress, goals, functionality, cost/benefit and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Assess the performance of project team members, contribute to performance evaluations
- Develop cross-functional and cross-divisional teams with continuous alignment and engagement on issues, trends, and opportunities related to continuous improvement
- Surface and/or support cross-functional business challenges and dependencies; proactively create and implement solutions.
- Five years’ experience leading business focused projects (not IT) with product and business operations/processes preferred.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience preferred.
- Experienced in leveraging structured project management methodology to lead project teams.
- Demonstrated ability delivering highly complex projects on time, on budget and with expected scope at a high level of quality
- Proven Track Record in successfully delivering complex projects in a matrixed environment
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication capabilities required, including storytelling, writing and presenting
- Proven leadership, initiative and strong partnership building required
- Strong negotiation skills required
- Ability to understand "the big picture" and to apply advanced knowledge of project management methodology, best practices, tools and processes
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
- Ability to build expertise quickly in unfamiliar subject areas; intellectually curious.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility
- Interested in and conversant about technology
- Team player who collaborates effectively across organizations with a warm, engaging style
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous, “startup-like” environment
- Skilled in the use of MS Project Server and Excel pivot tables
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- PMP or other Project management certification preferred