Underwriting AssistantJob # 1476Job Type: UnderwritingStart Date: 10/09/2018Location: Hartford, CTSalary: Open
Specialty MGA is looking for an Underwriting Assistant to join their team.
· Responsible for essential services, direct support to the Underwriter and Agent interaction.
· Responsible for supporting underwriting through a variety of functions that include new business and renewal policy set up, account coordination, report ordering, data collection and information follow-up.
· Reviews information in insurance applications to help make initial determination on risk acceptability.
· Communicates with sub-agents to obtain needed and required underwriting information.
· Works directly with agents to resolve problems and issues. Manages account documentation (i.e., proposals, internal risk evaluation documents, etc.).
· Develops information required for regulatory compliance from application and other source documents.
· Policy Issuance
· Inputs account information into MGA management system
· Responsible for handling high volumes of transactions.
· Coordinate activities for all supporting tasks (Rating, Agent/Broker information, MVRs, Loss Control, etc.) on new business submissions.
· Prepares submissions for outsourced rating vendor and act as the gatekeeper between the underwriter and vendor.
· High School Diploma required.
· Holds Valid Insurance Producers License
· College Degree preferred.
· Previous Underwriting Assistant experience preferred.
· Functional knowledge of Commercial Lines Rating experience preferred.
· Professional Demeanor.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point Software.
· Good automation skills.
· Effective Communication Skills (written and verbally).
· Strong Relationship Building skills.